Here are the answers to frequently asked questions about travel and life in Essaouira and Morocco more generally. If you have a questions about travelling in Morocco, feel free to send an email to the address on the right.
- Volunteering in Essaouira
- Vegan Restaurants in Essaouira
- Where can I get a massage in Essaouira?
- Where can I learn to cook in Essaouira?
- Tips for older travellers to Morocco?
- How can I get permanent residency in Morocco?
- What is expat life in Essaouira like?
- I’m vegetarian. Can I travel in Morocco?
- How is Eid celebrated in Morocco?
- How is Christmas celebrated in Morocco?
- Can I find gluten-free or wheat-free food in Morocco?
- I have food allergies.Where can I eat in Essaouira?
- Learning French or Arabic in Essaouira
- Relocating to Essaouira
- Internet cafes in Essaouira
- Essaouira – when to come
- What’s on in Essaouira?
- I want to give back to the community in Essaouira. How can I support human development?
- Essaouira: travel during Ramadan
- Is Essaouira safe for female travellers?
- How to book a riad in Essaouira?
- Yoga in Essaouira
- Breastfeeding in Morocco
- Getting from Agadir to Essaouira?
- Getting to Essaouira: fly to Marrakech or Agadir?
- 3G internet access
- How ‘strict’ (ie Islamic) is Morocco?
- How to get around in Essaouira?
- Current travel advice for Morocco?
- Safe drive from Marrakech to Essaouira at night?
- Tips for Marrakech first timers?
- Swimming pools in Essaouira?
Hi we are coming to essaouira weds and wish to get some sofa covers made any help would be great
Thanks for getting in touch. Sadly, the selection of fabrics in Essaouira is not brilliant. As long as you are looking for the kind of covers a Moroccan family would like, then there are a whole bunch of upholstery guys on l’autoroute. This is the long, two-lane road which runs outside the medina from the Afriquia and Total petrol stations (as you enter Essaouira from Marrakech)?to the Asseak Assalam supermarket aunt the other end of town. I don’t know any of them, but it probably pays to shop around.
I hope you still check out these messages 🙂 Your resources are by far the best that can be found on Essaouira!
I always wanted to go to Essaouira, and have been trying since 2016, but finally this year I will really go: everything is already booked for the 2nd half of June.
What I would love to get your advice on in: which clothes will I need weather-wise? I looked and asked everywhere, but some people tell me its warm beach weather, and other people tell me I should bring very warm clothes… I am really confused by this contrasting information.
I realize it will be windy, and evenings will be cool, but I can’t understand just how cool: is a sweater or a light jacket and a windbreaker enough? Or should i bring really warm clothes?
I would be very grateful if you could advise!
Sorry I missed your message but I hope you made it to Essaouira!